Event: Bermuda Weather Service (http://www.weather.bm) reports that conditions are expected to deteriorate rapidly on Thursday as Hurricane Fiona, now a threat to Bermuda, approaches from the southwest. Be advised that rip currents and hazardous surf conditions will continue along south shore. Hurricane Fiona is currently 736nm south/southwest of Bermuda with winds of 100kts gusting to 120kts. It is forecast to be 97nm WNW of Bermuda overnight Thursday to Friday, as a strong Category 3 or Category 4 Hurricane.
To Stay informed:
- Monitor local radio, local media, and the National Hurricane Center (https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/) to be aware of further weather developments.
- Monitor Bermuda Weather Service for updates and forecasts.
- Additional information on hurricanes and storm preparedness can be found on the Department’s “Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones” webpage.
For additional information, please visit the following:
- Government of Bermuda’s website Are you ready for hurricane season? | Government of Bermuda (www.gov.bm).
- CDC’s website Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm (cdc.gov).
- Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page.
U.S. Consulate Duty Phone for U.S. Citizen Emergencies: (441) 335-3828
U.S. Consulate General Hamilton
16 Middle Road, Devonshire
Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates