HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT REPORTS ALEX IS A LITTLE STRONGER – TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS EXPECTED ON BERMUDA STARTING LATE TONIGHT OR EARLY MONDAY
The National Hurrican Center (NHC) advises that a Hurricane Hunter aircraft has been investigating Tropical Storm Alex. The flight reconnaissance indicates a slightly stronger storm, with tropical storm conditions expected on Bermuda starting late tonight or early Monday.
Bermuda Weather Service (http://www.weather.bm) reports that conditions are expected to deteriorate this evening as strong Tropical Storm Alex approaches from the west-southwest. Wet weather, sustained tropical storm force winds, as well as hazardous surf and very rough seas will set in later tonight, lasting through much of Monday. Much more settled weather develops Tuesday and beyond as high pressure builds in from the north.
To Stay informed:
- Monitor local radio, local media, and the National Hurricane Center (https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/) to be aware of further weather developments.
- Monitor Bermuda Weather Service for updates and forecasts.
- Additional information on hurricanes and storm preparedness can be found on the Department’s “Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones” webpage.
For additional information, please visit the following:
· Government of Bermuda’s website Are you ready for hurricane season? | Government of Bermuda (www.gov.bm) .
· CDC’s website Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm (cdc.gov).
· Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page.
U.S. Consulate Duty Phone for U.S. Citizen Emergencies: (441) 335-3828
U.S. Consulate General Hamilton
16 Middle Road, Devonshire
Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries or follow on Twitter and Facebook
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates