ALERT: Tropical Storm Earl
Bermuda Weather Service (http://www.weather.bm) reports that conditions are expected to deteriorate rapidly on Thursday as Tropical Storm Earl, now a potential threat to Bermuda, approaches from the south. Be advised that rip currents and hazardous surf conditions will continue along south shore. Tropical Storm Earl is currently 518nm south of Bermuda with winds of 55kts gusting to 65kts. It is forecast to be 105nm SE of Bermuda overnight Thursday to Friday, as a strong Category 2 or weak Category 3 Hurricane.
To Stay informed:
- Monitor local radio, local media, and the National Hurricane Center (https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/) to be aware of further weather developments.
- Monitor Bermuda Weather Service for updates and forecasts.
- Additional information on hurricanes and storm preparedness can be found on the Department’s “Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones” webpage.
For additional information, please visit the following:
- Government of Bermuda’s website Are you ready for hurricane season? | Government of Bermuda (www.gov.bm).
- CDC’s website Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm (cdc.gov).
- Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page.
U.S. Consulate Duty Phone for U.S. Citizen Emergencies: (441) 335-3828
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
U.S. Consulate General Hamilton
16 Middle Road, Devonshire
Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries or follow on Twitter and Facebook
Bermuda International Travel Information (state.gov)
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates