Please be advised that the consulate does not usually accept applications from non-legal residents of Bermuda. Further, Bermuda Immigration officials are not obligated to admit you into Bermuda for the purpose of applying for a visa with the United States Consulate.
You must seek permission from the consulate prior to making this application in Bermuda Your application may be considered if you meet the following criteria:
- You are attending a legitimate business meeting in Bermuda. You will need a confirmation letter from the local business with details of the date and purpose of the meeting. Persons travelling to Bermuda for the purpose of vacation will not be accepted.
- You are a Bermudian residing in the U.S.
If you meet the above criteria at least one week in advance of your appointment you may fax/e-mail in:
- A copy of the I-797A – Notice of Approval from U.S.Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS).
- A photocopy of the current work visa in the passport. Applications will only be accepted for visa renewals in the same visa category. We will not change one visa category into another, such as F-1 student visa to H-1 temporary worker visa. The Consulate will not accept, repeat, will not accept this type of “out of district” visa application.
- Current contact information with a valid e-mail address and telephone number(s).
General fax #: (441) 295-1592, general e-mail address: Hamiltonconsulate@state.gov . Once you have received confirmation that your application will be accepted for processing at the Consulate, you will be informed to proceed to “How to Apply” for the non-immigrant visa and to book your appointment on-line. Post interview processing is approximately one week.
If you do not meet the above-listed criteria, we respectfully request that you cancel your appointment and make arrangements for service at another Embassy or Consulate. Visit http://usembassy.state.gov/ to locate a Post that may be able to assist you.
The consulate must ensure that documentation and other elements of an out-of-district application are in order, and therefore it may be necessary to conduct analysis of background information and additional document verification. This may cause delays, possibly after the formal visa interview has taken place.