Crewmember Visa

Crewmember (D) visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons working on board sea vessels or international airlines in the United States, providing services required for normal operation and intending to depart the United States on the same vessel or any other vessel within 29 days. If you travel to the United States to join the vessel you will work on, in addition to a crewmember (D) visa, you also need a transit (C-1) visa or a combination C-1/D visa. In certain situations, crew members may need a B-1/B-2 visa.

Applications are accepted from legitimate crewmembers on ships or aircraft traveling on Bermuda routes. All applicants must apply in person.  Applications for crew visas must be accompanied by the passport containing the previously issued visa, a copy of the current work contract, and an original signed letter verifying employment from the shipping or airline company.