Your photo is a vital part of your passport application. To learn more, review the information below on how to provide a suitable photo to avoid passport processing delays. The acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. passport agency.We recommend you use a professional passport photo service to ensure your photo meets all the requirements. Note: Photos must be 2″x2″ in size with a background that is uniform, plain and white, and free of shadows.
If you are applying for a U.S. Passport, you must provide one (1) photo. The photo must be:
- U.S. passport-sized (2″ x2″ or 5 x 5 cm)
- Clear with a full-front view of your face with the size of the head from chin to top-of-head not smaller than 2-cm
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- On a light/white background
- Taken within the last six (6) months
If providing a hard copy, it must be printed on photo quality paper; and
Have no head coverings unless for religious reasons.
U.S. passport photos are available from the Washington Mall Studio or the Kit and Caboodle in downtown Hamilton.
Bermuda (U.K.) passport photos, vending machine photographs or photos printed from a home computer do not meet the required specifications and will be rejected.
For more information please visit Frequently Asked Questions regarding U.S. Passport Photos.