Citizenship Services

Please see below for additional information regarding U.S. citizenship services to include the service you require.

If you have additional questions, please email us at

  • A U.S. Birth Certificate – For certified copies, please contact the state in which you were born. The National Center for Health Statistics maintains a list of states’ contact information for this purpose;
  • A Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) – For certified copies, please contact the Vital Records Section at the Department of State;
  • A Certification of Birth (Form FS-545 or DS-1350) – For certified copies, please contact the Vital Records Section in the state where you were born;
  • Inclusion in the passport of your U.S. citizen parent(s);
  • an expired, or currently valid, full validity U.S. passport.

Dual Nationality

U.S. and Bermudian

U.S. laws allow for U.S. citizens to acquire Bermudian status without losing their U.S. citizenship.  For information on Bermudian status please contact the Bermuda Department of Immigration.  Citizens of both the U.S. and Bermuda are recognized as such by both governments.  For more information on U.S. citizenship please follow this link.

Being born in Bermuda does not automatically make a child a Bermudian.  U.S. citizens who acquire dual nationality during childhood are not required by U.S. law to choose one nationality or another upon reaching the age of 18.  One does not risk losing U.S. citizenship unless one performs certain conclusively expatriating acts.  For more information on this please see below.

Advice about Possible Loss of U.S. Nationality and Dual Nationality

Please note: All U.S. citizens, even dual nationals, are required to enter and exit the United States using a valid U.S. passport.

For more information, please email