How to Apply:
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE AND ALL RESPECTIVE FORMS CAREFULLY
- The child’s birth certificate.
- Both parents’ passports. If you are a dual national, we only need to see your U.S. passport. The name on your document must match the name you wish to be reflected on the report of birth certificate.
- If the parents are married, the state or government issued marriage certificate. The document issued by the church is not acceptable. A state or government issued marriage certificate will state that the marriage was registered at the Department of Vital Records, the Registry General, etc. This document is usually signed by the County Clerk, the Registrar General, the Clerk of Court, etc. The marriage license issued by the state/government is not a marriage certificate and cannot be accepted as proof that a legal marriage occurred.
- If either parent was married previously please submit the divorce decree, annulment or death certificate establishing the termination of this marriage.
Please email the completed, unsigned DS2029 (Consular Report of Birth Abroad) application and photocopies of your supporting documents to email@example.com. Please DO NOT include any information not requested above.
- Once your documents have been reviewed, we will contact you with an appointment time for the formal interview. Appointments are held Mondays and Tuesdays at 8:30am and 9:00am .
- You are required to bring your child to the appointment; both parents should appear for the appointment. You are also required to submit the originals of all application forms and supporting documents at this time.
- Please do not sign the report of birth abroad application; this document must be signed in front of the consular officer at the time of your interview.
- The cost is $100.00 for the registration of your child as a United States citizenship (this fee is nonrefundable).
THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS WILL NOT GUARANTEE APPROVAL OF YOUR APPLICATION. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE REQUIRED AT THE CONSUL’S DISCRETION.
If you have any questions or concerns e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (441) 705-0424 between 1:30pm and 3:30pm weekdays.