The U.S. Consulate announced the online EducationUSA Virtual College Fair for international youth on November 18, 2015.
“Open to anyone who has an Internet connection, the virtual fair will be available in an interactive Internet environment, offering potential students access to more than 125 U.S. institutions of higher learning,” the Consulate said.
“Click on EducationUSA.collegeweeklive.com to register. Log in anytime from 4:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Bermuda time on November 18.
“CollegeWeekLive offer the following tools to assist students in their college search, including:
- Live streaming video presentations from admissions experts, guidance counselors, admissions officers, and current college students – with real time Q&A sessions
- Virtual booths for colleges and universities featuring:
- Electronic brochures and course catalogs
- Campus images, videos and podcasts
- Real-time IM and video chat between students and school representatives
- Videos that describe a school and its surroundings
- Scheduled school-specific presentations by admissions officials
- A resource center for students and parents
- Networking capabilities so that attendees can communicate with other attendees
“CollegeWeekLive College will provide application tips and advice, allow students to communicate directly with admissions staff and students from multiple schools, and provide access to brochures and marketing materials from many schools – all in a single place.
“The site will allow registrants to search schools in an organized way, based on user-defined criteria, interact with schools they may not normally consider or may not be aware of, save on time and travel costs, and chat and learn in a comfortable environment.
“For more information about the virtual college fair, go toEducationUSA.collegeweeklive.com For those without Internet access, please visit the EducationUSA office at the Counseling and Career Center at Bermuda College. See educationusa.state.gov for more about education in the United States generally.”