Location: Hamilton, Bermuda
Event: COVID 19 Update:
- On May 21, Bermuda will enter Phase 2 of Bermuda’s re-opening plan. This phase only permits a modest expansion of services, which will still require restricted operations.
- There are currently no plans for any further repatriation flights to the United States, and there is no established date yet for the return of commercial flights to/from L.F. Wade Airport.
- The U.S. Consulate is currently open for emergency services only. Walk-in renewal services for U.S. passports have been temporarily suspended. If you are a U.S. citizen and require an emergency passport, please email us at email@example.com. We will resume routine services as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Have you registered to vote? Go to www.fvap.gov for full details on how to register for your absentee ballot, or check out this video that can show you how to register step by step! If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you!
- You are receiving this message because you have registered in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, STEP. Please communicate with other U.S. citizens that you may know of in Bermuda, and ask if they have registered in STEP. If they have not registered, they can do so here. Registering in STEP allows U.S. citizens visiting or living overseas to receive important information from the Consulate about safety conditions, helping them make informed decisions about their travel plans.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the Government of Bermuda COVID-19 website for Bermuda specific information and regulations
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendation
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Consulate webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bermuda.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.