As of April 1 the Government of Bermuda confirmed 22 active cases of COVID-19 (there have been a total of 32 cases; 10 individuals have recovered).
- L.F. Wade Airport in Bermuda closed for incoming commercial passenger flights on March 20. Charter aircraft are permitted to enter only with Government of Bermuda permission.
- A curfew is currently in effect from 8:00pm to 6:00am. A State of Emergency is being declared by the Governor of Bermuda, and effective 6:00am on Saturday, April 4, a 24-hour shelter in place order will be in effect for 14 days. For full details, visit the Government of Bermuda COVID-19 website.
- The U.S. Consulate General Hamilton suspended routine consular services effective March 24. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone with questions or concerns may also call the Consulate at 441-705-0424 between 8:00am– 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. American citizens can contact a representative at the Consulate outside of normal business hours, for emergency purposes only, by calling 441-335-3828.
- You are receiving this message because you have registered in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, STEP. Please communicate with other U.S. citizens that you may know of in Bermuda, and ask if they have registered in STEP. If they have not registered, they can do so here. Registering in STEP allows U.S. citizens visiting or living overseas to receive important information from the Consulate about safety conditions, helping them make informed decisions about their travel plans.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Consulate webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bermuda.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Consulate General Hamilton
16 Middle Road, Devonshire
Duty Phone: (441) 335-3828
Department of State Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates