Health Alert – U.S. Consulate General Hamilton, Bermuda, March 27, 2020
Location: Hamilton, Bermuda
Event: COVID-19 Update
The following information remains in effect until further notice. The U.S. Consulate General is resending this notice to assure widest possible dissemination of this information.
The Government of Bermuda confirmed 15 cases of COVID-19 in Bermuda, as of March 26.
The Government of Bermuda has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Visit the Government of Bermuda COVID-19 website for updated information.
Effective Friday, March 20, at 11:59 pm, L.F. Wade Airport in Bermuda closed for incoming passenger flights for two weeks.
Effective March 24, U.S. Consulate General Hamilton suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone with questions or concerns may also call the Consulate at 441-705-0424 between 8:00am– 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. American citizens can contact a representative at the Consulate outside of normal business hours, for emergency purposes only, by calling 441-335-3828.
You are receiving this message because you have registered in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, STEP. Please communicate with other U.S. citizens that you may know of in Bermuda, and ask if they have registered in STEP. If they have not registered, they can do so here. Registering in STEP allows U.S. citizens visiting or living overseas to receive important information from the Consulate about safety conditions, helping them make informed decisions about their travel plans.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Consulate webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bermuda.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Consulate General Hamilton
16 Middle Road, Devonshire
Duty Phone: (441) 335-3828
- Department of State Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook