Health Alert – U.S. Consulate General Hamilton, Bermuda, March 20, 2020
Location: Hamilton, Bermuda
Event: Additional Flights to the United States from Bermuda
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
U.S. Citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
Effective Friday, March 20, at 11:59 pm, L.F. Wade Airport in Bermuda is closed for incoming passenger flights for two weeks. However, Delta Air Lines will be providing 4 additional flights between Bermuda and Atlanta on March 21, 22, 23, and 24.
Those wishing to purchase tickets for a Delta Air Line flight can book these flights through Delta.com or by using the FlyDelta app. Delta advises that there are very long waits for those wanting to book a flight by telephone.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit our Consulate webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bermuda.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Consulate General Hamilton
16 Middle Road, Devonshire
Duty Phone: (441) 335-3828
Department of State Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates