Health Alert – U.S. Consulate General Hamilton, Bermuda, March 19, 2020
Location: Hamilton, Bermuda
Event: As of March 19, 2020, there are two confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Bermuda.
The government of Bermuda has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Effective Friday, March 20, at 11:59 pm, L.F. Wade Airport in Bermuda will close for incoming passenger flights for two weeks. Only returning residents will be allowed on flights to Bermuda arriving March 19 and March 20.
U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available.
Businesses, retail establishments, bars, and restaurants have been advised by the Government of Bermuda to scale back operations and enforce social distancing. A number of hotels have already temporarily closed. For the latest information and guidance from the Government of Bermuda, please visit their official website.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bermuda.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
Department of State Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444