Location: Hamilton, BermudaEvent: COVID 19 Update – Flight to the United States – Must Book Travel TODAY!As of April 4, the Government of Bermuda confirmed 23 active cases of COVID-19 (there have been a total of 37 cases; 14 individuals have recovered).
- A repatriation charter flight from Bermuda to Atlanta is scheduled for April 7.
- There are no other outbound flights planned. Individuals wishing to return to the U.S. must take advantage of the April 7 charter opportunity, or plan to remain in Bermuda indefinitely. The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging any additional repatriation flights from Bermuda at this time.
- Any interested individuals who wish to return to the United States must book their flight today, April 5. Please contact Travel Edge directly for ticketing details: by phone at 441-299-8717 or email Info@TravelEdge.bm.
- L.F. Wade Airport in Bermuda closed for incoming commercial passenger flights on March 20. Charter aircraft are permitted to enter only with Government of Bermuda permission.
- Effective 6:00am on Saturday, April 4, a 24 hour shelter in place order went into effect for 14 days. For full details, visit the Government of Bermuda COVID-19 website.
- The U.S. Consulate General Hamilton suspended routine consular services effective March 24. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone with questions or concerns may also call the Consulate at 441-705-0424 between 8:00am – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. You may reach our Duty Officer by calling 441-335-3828, that number is available to U.S. Citizens 24 hours per day.
- You are receiving this message because you have registered in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, STEP. Please communicate with other U.S. citizens that you may know of in Bermuda, and ask if they have registered in STEP. If they have not registered, they can do so here. Registering in STEP allows U.S. citizens visiting or living overseas to receive important information from the Consulate about safety conditions, helping them make informed decisions about their travel plans.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Consulate webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bermuda.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.Assistance:U.S. Consulate General Hamilton16 Middle Road, Devonshire(441) 295-1342Duty Phone: (441) 335-3828email: email@example.com: https://bm.usconsulate.gov/Department of State Consular Affairs888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates