This link contains the current data on the number of active COVID-19 cases in Bermuda, a breakdown of their transmission status, as well as the total number of tests that have been administered, and the number of individuals under quarantine.
The Government of Bermuda is requiring that all travelers to Bermuda complete an online Travel Authorization and pay a $75 fee before traveling to Bermuda.
The Travel Authorization can be found on this link.
Visitors are to comply with the following Bermuda Government protocols:
Pre-departure — A traveler must:
- Complete the Bermuda travel authorization online; a $75 fee is required, which includes the cost of the PCR COVID-19 testing in Bermuda.
- A visitor must take a certified PCR COVID-19 test, ideally within 72 hours of departure, but no more than seven days, and obtain a negative result. This applies to adults and children aged 10 and up. Children who are 9-years-old and younger are exempt and are subject to their adult travel companion’s quarantine.
- Bermuda residents are not required to get a test before traveling to Bermuda, but they must quarantine for four days after arrival. Residents include work permit holders.
- Wear face masks when traveling to the departure airport.
- Wear face masks and practice physical distancing at the departure airport.
Additionally, a pre-departure traveler should:
- A visitor should acquire health insurance covering illness and injury outside of his/her home jurisdiction, including those related to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis while in Bermuda. If this is not obtained, a visitor will be responsible for all health and accommodation costs if treatment and/or quarantine is required; including costs related to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis while in Bermuda
- Pack a thermometer
In-Flight — During the flight, travelers must:
- Wear a face mask while on the plane
- Practice physical distancing to the greatest extent possible
Upon Arrival — Upon arrival, travelers must:
- Visitors must present a copy of the pre-departure PCR COVID-19 negative test result to health officers on request and a copy of the Travel Authorization form.
- Residents and visitors will undergo PCR COVID-19 testing at the Bermuda L.F. Wade International Airport and quarantine at home or in their room at their accommodation until results are ready (turnaround time is approximately 24 hours in most cases, though results may take longer depending on arrival time). This applies to adults and children ages 10 and up. Children less than 10 years old are exempt from the PCR COVID-19 test.
- Residents (including work permit holders) who do not have a pre-departure negative PCR COVID-19 test result must quarantine for four days after arrival. They will be tested on day four and will be released from quarantine with a negative test. If you did take an RT-PCR COVID-19 test before departure, and receive a negative result during your first four days in Bermuda, you will be released from quarantine. You will still have to test on day 4, day 8, and day 14. The location and time of each of your tests will automatically be booked for you,so please do not book separate appointments. You will receive email reminders 24 hours before each test.
- Wear a face mask and practice physical distancing to the greatest extent possible
Transportation from the Airport:
All travelers (residents and visitors) are considered quarantined between the airport and their accommodation and therefore should:
- Use taxis – all persons must wear a mask*, hand sanitize before entering the vehicle and sit in the back seat. Taxi drivers must also record contact details for the travelers in case contact tracing is required.
- Organize for a local contact/household member to pick-up the traveler at the airport. This may be predominately residents and masks must be worn, hands sanitized, and keep as much of a distance as possible.
Public transport must not be used by travelers (residents and visitors) leaving the airport as they will not be able to provide contact tracing upon their departure.
On-island Experience – Visitors must:
- Practice physical distancing, good hygiene and mask-wearing in all public spaces where there is close contact with others, including on all public transport (taxis, ferries, and buses).
- Take your own temperature twice per day and report via the online application/portal.
- Travelers (visitors and residents) must test on day four (4), day eight (8) and on day 14. The location and time of each of your tests will automatically be booked for you, so please do not book separate appointments.You will receive email reminders 24 hours before each test. Should the time or location of a test not suit you, please call the COVID hotline to reschedule on (441) 444 – 2498. The results of the PCR COVID-19 test will be emailed to you within 24 hours.
COVID-19 Positive Test Result
If a resident, work permit holder or visitor becomes COVID-19 positive, is a close contact of a positive person, is symptomatic, or if a traveler is clinically diagnosed at any point, they will be subject to public-health (COVID-19) regulations and will be isolated at their accommodation for up to 14 days.
Anyone who becomes COVID-19 positive, or whom health authorities believe could be positive, will be fitted with an Aqua electronic bracelet to assist with isolation/quarantine.
Status of Consular Services: The Consular Section is currently offering limited U.S. Citizen services, and limited visa services. For more information please email us at email@example.com
Registration with the Consulate: All U.S. Citizens currently in Bermuda should register with us by going to step.state.gov to receive our Alert messages.
View U.S. Consulate Hamilton’s most recent alerts: https://bm.usconsulate.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/
Please click here for additional information about the Bermuda Government’s COVID-19 webpage.