The consulate has absolute discretion regarding what property visitors will be allowed to bring inside the consulate. All visitors must be screened prior to entering the consulate and are subject to inspection via walk-through metal detector and/or a hand-held metal detector. All personal items will undergo full inspection by use of x-ray and/or other detection equipment. In general, the following items may not be allowed inside the consulate:
- Weapons, including mace or pepper spray
- Backpacks, bags, luggage, strollers
- Food and drinks
- Liquids, including liquids in spray containers (for example perfumes)
- Electronic or recording equipment, including, but not limited to:
– Laptop/notebook computers
- You CAN bring your mobile phone and other Personal Electronic Devices (e-reader, iPad, IPod, or tablet computer) during your visit; however:
– Blue Tooth functionality must be turned off (subject to inspection)
– The screen size must be less than 7 inches (measured diagonally)
– Pictures and video may not be taken nor audio recordings made
– Use of the device must be considerate of of other Consulate visitors and personnel
– The device must be submitted for examination at any time upon request by Security and Consulate personnel.
– Failure to comply with any of the above conditions will result in the device being taken and retained until the visitor leaves the Consulate
If you use electronic medical devices (such as hearing aids, pace makers, etc.), please inform the consulate guards as soon as you arrive for your interview.
Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
Access to the consulate is limited and generally only applicants are permitted to enter and be present during interviews. On a case-by-case basis, applicants may be accompanied by ONE non-applicant. Special needs visitors may bring ONE person to assist them if they are over 80 years, are a minor child, or are disabled and require assistance during the interview/application process. Applicants may bring one interpreter if they do not speak English well enough to participate in an interview. A final decision as to whether or not an interpreter is needed will be made by consular staff on the day of the interview. Arrangements for individuals to accompany or escort applicants must be made in advance. Please send such requests to email@example.com
Due to waiting room size, persons not meeting the above criteria above will not be permitted to accompany the applicant. If you are needed to witness a signature for a notarial service, security staff will liaise with consular staff prior to admission on premises.
Any visitor refusing to submit to security screening shall be prohibited from entering.